Our Surgical Specialties:
The surgeons at Winthrop Surgical Associates are highly skilled clinicians and leaders in the field of minimally invasive surgery. Affiliated with Winthrop-University Hospital, a leading teaching and medical research institute in New York, we remain at the leading edge of new technologies and techniques to achieve results that were once considered impossible.
- Bariatric Surgery – intervention for obesity and morbid obesity including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve and gastric banding.
- Breast Surgery – treatment of malignant and pre-cancerous lesions of the breast. Procedures include lumpectomies and mastectomies.
- Colorectal Surgery – A subspecialty of general surgery that focuses on diseases of the colon (large intestine), rectum and anus.
- Critical / Acute Care Surgery – Emergency treatment for those who have experienced life threatening injuries and trauma.
- General Surgery – a surgical specialty encompassing many sub-specialties. Most general surgeons specialize in one or more surgical sub-specialties.
- Surgical Oncology – The management of operable cancer, surgical oncology unites several specialties to offer a multi-pronged approach to defeating the disease.
- Wound Healing – healing complex wounds that were once considered untreatable – includes the use of hyperbaric therapies.